Santi Enduro vs Elite Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasper999

New
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new drysuit and hoping for it to be a buy once cry once situation.
I am deciding between getting a Santi E.lite + or Enduro.
I had a cheap second hand Santi E.motion + which I loved to dive in, but it's kicked the bucket and now repairs will probably cost me more than it's worth.
I've tried an Elite +, know a few people who own one and have read heaps of posts about the suit, but I can't find much on the Enduro.
I like the idea of it being basically invincible and don't mind the extra weight, and the slightly cheaper price tag is a nice bonus. I'm just worried about the flexibility and so would appreciate if anyone could share their experiences with the suit.

Also want to know about the material longevity, the enduro material is tougher but does that mean that it will actually last longer (I'm thinking like general wear and exposure, salt, sun, etc.), or it's just more abrasion resistant.

I'll also throw the Fourth Element Argonaut 3.0 Flex and Bare Xmission into the mix aswell because my dive centre has both of those brands aswell, but I haven't heard the best things about the Argonaut (lots of reports of pinhole leaks, failing seams and long wait times) and I just don't know anything about the Xmission. I also already have the drygloves system for the Santi which makes me lean towards them a bit.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Consider the Elite that’s what I did. It’s the more robust fabric that they use in places on the elite+ just for the entire suit.

My wife dives an elite+ and I dive the elite.

The enduro is all some of the hard core cave divers dive in FL specially if they spend most of there time in tight stuff but it’s a heavy suit and not super flexible

My Enduro still looks like new after years of diving rusty wrecks and caves. I have never been gentle with it either. It has scraped through some very tight restrictions. It is heavy, takes a long time to dry, but the lack of flexibility in it was never noticed much in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom