Question Santi BZ400 & Flex 2.0 Heating Element Heating Coil Locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So trying to figure out where the heating coils are on the Santi heated under suits. Per their literature they heat " whole torso, thighs and arms", however I can't find a single picture or documentation of how far down the legs/arms heat runs, if at all. If the coils are the same across the BZ400, Flex 2.0 and the heated vest tempted to just go for the vest and keep my other undergarments the same.

Can’t speak about the Flex 2.0 but imagine that it’s the same as the heated BZ400.

The literature is self-explanatory. The suit heats the whole torso, thighs and arms. i.e. the whole body, except the head, hands and everything from the knees down.

Can’t speak about the Flex 2.0 but imagine that it’s the same as the heated BZ400.

The literature is self-explanatory. The suit heats the whole torso, thighs and arms. i.e. the whole body, except the head, hands and everything from the knees down.
Thanks, still wish they would have just done an image with the exact placement of the coils providing heat. Heating of the thighs could very well could have been marketing speak for well you core is warmer and the suit is warmer so sure your thighs will be warmer too. Are the coils on just on the both sides of the suit or are they just on the a single side? Again something easily solved in a diagram. But alas just single nebulous sentence is all Santi gives us.

Had it explanined by several different divers that the BZ400 doesn't feel as warm as the vest, bus as it heats the full body, one doesn't get cold in any places. (Which you may very well be with the vest)

Had it explanined by several different divers that the BZ400 doesn't feel as warm as the vest, bus as it heats the full body, one doesn't get cold in any places. (Which you may very well be with the vest)
This is my experience too. The warming effect is far more subtle with the full suit.
When I started using one - after a few years of wearing the vest - I wondered whether it was actually working - until I switched it off and realised that it had been.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom