Santa Rosa interest for weekend of June 8?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am trying to drum up some local interest in Santa Rosa, especially in Rock Lake, on the weekend of June 8. If you want to go to Rock Lake, please understand that you have to be taking an advanced class or be a pretty advanced (and certified as such) diver. Tech certified (or working on it) is much preferred.

I will be just getting back from Florida, might be possible though.

A dive shop near me is going there next weekend. They suggest altitude, nitrox and deep.

I know what the site is and it's not really on my bucket list. Tech divers in Austin go out there since Lake Travis is getting so low.

Great, Justin!

How's the grass level--should I bring my weed eater?

Grass was not an issue at all strangely. Perhaps someone did it a month ago or something :) The vis was AMAZING... 40-70ish easily. Tons of sponges... may is usually the best month but you're close.

Rats. I just had a cancellation and may not be going. Anyone else interested?

I'm torn. It's an interesting site but I'm not sure it's worth the 10 hour drive out unless I get a few of my more techie friends to come along for the ride.

Still, the wife will be out of town that weeekend (with the kids)...

John,

Right now my weekends are pretty filled up until about the 3rd weekend in June. But I have a new BP/W and Drysuit I want to break in so keep me in mind ... either in NM or locally. :)

John,

Right now my weekends are pretty filled up until about the 3rd weekend in June. But I have a new BP/W and Drysuit I want to break in so keep me in mind ... either in NM or locally. :)

I will now probably go to Chatfield that weekend instead. that's not the best because I want to practice some cave related skills. It's tought o do a lot of good line laying in the Chatfield muck. I will be going to Akumal the third week of June, and I want to be in top form.

I was also hoping to do some scootering. Scootering in Chatfield is less than pleasant. Those OW students appear out of the darkness as obstacles in a hurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom