Santa Monica sushi restaurant charged with illegally selling whale meat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Posted this on our local dive forum. Great story, and great work.

"We'd like to thank the Academy...

And nail these a******s."

If they legalized whale meat, this wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wormil... under the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 it is illegal to harass/kill marine mammals or sell their meat. The Hump was doing so with knowledge of the illegality of it (why else would they be storing the meat in a white Mercedes outside the restaurant). You are way out of line with your comments.

I disagree. My comments aren't out of line. I think it's lame that there is such a law. If I want to eat a whale, I should be able to do so. I'm pro-killing sea animals. Some people are pro abortion. Some people are pro suicide. I'm fairly certain I'm within my rights to have these views.

I also feel it's lame to put people out of work.

Last edited:
Well, in that case there are probably a lot of people who agree that you are lame. If you want to eat whale meat, a ticket to Japan isn't too high a price to pay.

Fortunately ScubaBoard has a way to deal with people like you so I'm taking a friend's advice and putting you on my ignore list. You become one of only three people there out of over 100,000 members of ScubaBoard, so it's quite an honor!

This case was because they knew what they were doing, and I don't care whether they are selling meat from tiger, rhino, or whale, doing so from a banned resource, and knowing that they are, does not make me feel so bad for them that some jobes were lost

Last edited by a moderator:
Eating whale meat in Japan is legal, eating whale meat here is not .. My feelings are that an illegal operation that has some people employed does not make a case for keeping the illegal operation open just because they do.

Don't get me wrong, I am a hunter, my dad was a hunter .. but I am also part Native American and real hunters do not take something that is illegal or out of season

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom