Santa Cruz Wharf Stairs Open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otis24

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know if the stairs across from Stagnero's are open?

Give the wharf a call... 831-420-6025. Happy diving!

Thanks Rob!

It is open!

Now I can do week day dives. I live in Mountain View and Monterey is too far away for weekday dives. I get out of work between 2:30-3:00 so I'll be able to get a couple dives in and be back home before it's too late.

The stairs the farthest out weren't in yet, so we dove off the kayak rental platform. My buddy tossed his fin down onto the platform and one immediately went over the edge. We found it pretty quickly in zero vis. We surfaced and kicked down toward the other end of the wharf. We descended and swam under the wharf in about 27 feet. The vis was zero to 1 foot. After about 27 minutes we surfaced. We decided to take advantage of the zero vis and practice navigation. Along the way we saw hundreds of tiny one inch crabs a couple smaller fish and a large crab. On the surface swim back we saw the Sea Lions getting all Aggro with each other and then climbed out. We decided we'd rather go home and get dinner instead of doing a second dive.

It's open proper now. I think you were a week early.
Very bold to dive close in, that always Sucks and near the red zone for health. This last week we have been seeing 10+ so its been decent, for for the wharf.
The stairs the farthest out weren't in yet, so we dove off the kayak rental platform. My buddy tossed his fin down onto the platform and one immediately went over the edge. We found it pretty quickly in zero vis. We surfaced and kicked down toward the other end of the wharf. We descended and swam under the wharf in about 27 feet. The vis was zero to 1 foot. After about 27 minutes we surfaced. We decided to take advantage of the zero vis and practice navigation. Along the way we saw hundreds of tiny one inch crabs a couple smaller fish and a large crab. On the surface swim back we saw the Sea Lions getting all Aggro with each other and then climbed out. We decided we'd rather go home and get dinner instead of doing a second dive.

Back
Top Bottom