Santa Barbara Police

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last night around 12:am a big guy tossed a planter into our Offices and woke us up to a bad deal. Susanne called 911 after he crawled into our space. I went forward to see a very big person in the dark, saying " they are coming BLM." I quickly ran back to back office and Susanne was on the phone giving directions. Soon we had 5 Police officers, Women and Men and a nice Dog. The barking Dog went in and then the Santa Barbara Police did the handcluff. Once all was clear we met our HEROs. I had just purchased a camera to set up today. Felt the vibes on State Street. Last week they forced the City to cut out 2 million from the Police Operations. I really wonder who and why would you want to defund the Police Departments. God Bless the City of Santa Barbara Police.

Attachments

• a-glass-1.jpg
    a-glass-1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 130
  • a-glass.jpg
    a-glass.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 136
Glad you are OK. Under "defunding" it is more likely a social worker or someone trained in conflict de-escalation will be dispatched, but both will be trained in non-confrontational self-defense. I am not making this up, community alternatives to policing are being developed. I am surprised this is not already the case with the Peoples Republic of Santa Barbara. Social workers do accompany the police in Anchorage when they have to abate homeless camps. The workers are there to get the people services they may need. I am reminded of the time in the dead of an Alaska winter when a person downtown near the convention center screamed "I am burning up" and began to completely disrobe. I called 9-1-1- and several people stayed in the area to ensure he did not wander into traffic. The Police arrived followed by the Fire Department paramedic/ambulance. This was at the height of the "Spice" abuse and our emergency services were being run ragged responding to overdoes calls. God Bless our public safety people. I like to think the person was seen by a psychiatric social worker and probably was. That would not have been a wise choice for first response.

Back
Top Bottom