Sanibel/Captive Island diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pappy - I get 'stuck' on Captiva every yr for work as well. Tough job, I know. No diving to speak of. A few suggestions:

The fishing is awesome! You can elect to keep part of your catch, some of the local restaurants will cook it for you & provide sides. New meaning to BYO.

Great restaurants - from Cheeseburger Cheeseburger, Sanibel Brew Pub, the Flamingo & the world famous Bubble Room. Watch the sunset from just about anywhere. We like to head to the pub down the end of street across from Bubble Room whose name escapes me! Hunt for shells. Take a sailing school course. Tour Ding Darling reserve.

Ferry over to the other islands, check out Cheeseburger in Paradies where J Buffet supposedly wrote the song. Do an eco kayak tour or waverunner tour - South Seas Resort on the point in Captiva has both, their marina runs all kinds of charters, I also enjoy people watching in their marina - one yr a bunch of the Houston Astros came through on their yachts.

Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom