Sanibel/Cape Coral July 10-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheVinstigator

Registered
Reaction score
Going on vacation to the area july 10 to july 17, renting a house with a boat. Anyone know of any close dives we can do to acclimate ourselves to the area? I have been talking to Scuba dragons in cape coral and will do a couple dives with them, anyone have any experience with them? Thanks Vinny

Vinstigator,

I have no info, but I would like to hear about how it was when you get done. The one time I was in Sanibel / Captiva the water was real "milky" and I thought that diving there would be less than stellar. I would be interested in hearing what you find out.

So please share afterwards!

Wristshot

OK.. now, here's the trick for our area. You have to get off shore. IF your close, your not just a boat target but its shallow and usually poor vis.

Here is a list of artificial reefs and locations:
http://www.lee-county.com/naturalresources/artreef.htm

Another thing to do would be to make friends with a local and find out where the ledges are. :)

So CBULLA, the next time we head to Captiva to go fishing, we should look you up to guide us on some gulf coast diving?

I confess that I have no idea how far away Ft Myers is. Now I need to look at a map!
--- 3 minutes later ---
Oh geeze, you are right there! Very cool. Tell us more about the diving there! Our friends in Boca Raton have some property they bought just barely north of the area, but I am not sure exactly where.

I looked at your link, and it looks like the most interesting sites are also the farthest out.

Wristshot

Cbulla you doing any thing the week of July 10-17 or know anyone who would like to dive, we have a 22 foot boat waiting for us. Bringing a GPS with me, I have read that its worthwhile to drive to FT Lauderdale to dive, how far is that?

Well, I work during the day, but I'm always game for after work and weekend activities. :)

Lauderdale has a LOT of shore diving. Check conditions before you go, but the drive is worth it. :D

Venice Beach is also up the road and a good easy shore dive for fossil shark teeth hunting!

cbulla, I`ll give you my cell phone number, when you can fit us into your schedule we`lldo some diving together. It will be my brother, myself , and you unless you would like to invite some others, we have a 22` foot boat at our disposal for the week. Thanks Vinny Please send me your email address and I`ll send you my phone #

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom