Sandtiger Shark Expeditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tchil01

Reaction score
I joined a local dive club here in South Jersey, and last nights speaker was Dean Fessier from the Shark Research Institute. He's a diver who has been studying and diving with sharks all over the world and gave a prett interesting presentation on different sharks from all over the world. All of the pictures in his slide show were ones he had actualy taken.

Anyway, the thing that looked really cool is he is leading a shark tagging trip to North Carolina July 12 & 13th and again on August 5 and 6th. It's $250 but I thought it would be cool to help tag some of the Sandtigers and also dive on some pretty cool wrecks.

I have a flier that I can scan and email if anyone is interested or you can check out SRI's website at http://www.sharks.org

Ty

I didn't personaly get to go on this trip, but several members of the dive club did. The went out of Moorehead City and tagged 6 sharks, I believe. They had bad weather so they only spent one day tagging.

A cool thing was that a film crew from National Geographic went allong and filmed the tagging. Supposedly the following week a crew from the Discovery Channel was supposed to go out to. No idea when it is supposed to be on TV.

Ty

Back
Top Bottom