Sandals Resort-Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KC5UX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife & I have just made reservations at Sandals Resort in the Bahamas. They say they offer SCUBA and they supply all equipment. Several Questions.

1. Do they object to divers bringing their own equipment?

2. Is their gear any good (I own everything except regulator & console, and my LDS has some good ones for rent)

3. Since my wife is a non-diver, I plan only 2 or 3 dives the week we are there, so, if I have a choice, which dive sites should I opt to go to? (I prefer reefs and fish to wrecks)

4. Since my wife IS a snorkler, can you recommend and good snorkel sites?

Thanks,
Jim Fish
Albuquerque, NM

SSI OW

I have used the Sandels BC, Reg and console. The DiveMaster checks equipment over daily. I have never had a problem in 38 dives. Dive Safe, Zar-o
PADI Ad ow

Dived with Sandals and St Lucia. All the gear was ScubaPro and in good working order. I think all the Sandals use ScubaPro but I could be wrong. You can also definately take your own gear. I took my regulator and used their bc's.

Hi,

I have driven by Sandals numerous times, but have never been inside. I have no idea as to what they offer in the way of snuba. However, Stuart Cove has this snuba-like kind of experience:

http://www.sub-bahamas.com/

I am a diver and have never done this, but it may be what you are looking for...

They also offer snorkel adventures, too. And if you do not have a rental car, their bus will provide transport.

I hope this helps...

joewr

You should realize that diving at a Sandals is an afterthought.

Don't get your hopes up and you won't be to disappointed.

DeputyDan:
You should realize that diving at a Sandals is an afterthought.

Don't get your hopes up and you won't be to disappointed.

True the dives were all short and we were dissapointed. I guess it depends on your experience level and what you expect.

We did however still enjoy the diving we did. i guess you get what you pay for.:wink:

I do not know of any serious divers who have been to a Sandels. However from what I have heard they are pretty tacky places were the main emphasis is on drinking and eating large amounts of poorly prepared food.

Kinda of like going on a cruise but not getting on the boat!

As the other post say do not expect much and you will not be disappointed.

KC5UX:
My wife & I have just made reservations at Sandals Resort in the Bahamas. They say they offer SCUBA and they supply all equipment. Several Questions.

1. Do they object to divers bringing their own equipment?

2. Is their gear any good (I own everything except regulator & console, and my LDS has some good ones for rent)

3. Since my wife is a non-diver, I plan only 2 or 3 dives the week we are there, so, if I have a choice, which dive sites should I opt to go to? (I prefer reefs and fish to wrecks)

4. Since my wife IS a snorkler, can you recommend and good snorkel sites?

Thanks,
Jim Fish
Albuquerque, NM

SSI OW

KC,

rather than snuba, why not suggest to your wife that she try an introduction to scuba course? She might even like it!!! :11: :11:

Scuba-Jay:
KC,

rather than snuba, why not suggest to your wife that she try an introduction to scuba course? She might even like it!!! :11: :11:

Great idea! And let me suggest Bahama Divers. They will give you more personal attention that Stuart Cove...

joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom