sand/salt in Mares X-vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyredshoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, anyone has this problem as well???

My mares xvision is clear colored, as a result after soaking and washing and proper care, i notice after its dried that the sides of the lens has sand/dirt/salt of which i cannot reach to clear.

It seems to be stuck in some gaps of the mask under the silicon.

Anyone knows how i can clear them?

It should have come with a plastic key to take the lenses out. I have a couple presciption ones and they both came with the key.

I've opened the packages for two x-vision masks (though only one was mine), and never saw a key.

Yeah I've never seen a key either, although mine aren't prescription lenses.

Love the mask though, it's nice to be able to see the equipment I'm wearing. :)

Interesting...
I am on my second Xvision and I didn't get a key with either. Good to know...

Regarding dirt, my mask got mold growing between the lense and silicone in Thailand and never went away completely I would love to have had the key to open it up and clean it all out well.

The second XvisionI bought has a black skirt so I won't see any of the garbage that will collect.

i guess the key only comes with the prescriptive lenses.

so there no way to clean the dirt in there... oh no... there will sooon by things growing.. ahhaaa dam..

Back
Top Bottom