Sanctum Movie - Confused about the ending.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hillmorton Scubie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We saw the film recently, but couldn't decide if the young man at the end of the film survives or is it his final thoughts (moving towards the heavenly light) as he is drowning. Our friends also didn't know.
Whats your opinion ?
Thanks

She threw the necklace back into the sea. :coffee:

The version I watched... he was walking up onto a beach? Or was that not actually shown and I filled in those blanks in my head?

Damn... need to watch it again. I was too distracted by explaining stuff to my non-diving partner. LOL

He is motionless as he has had his last breath in the dark. Slowly it lightens and he swims towards this light and then onto a beautiful beach (is he really still in the cave).

I didn't see any other outcome... he managed with the trapped air pockets... saw the egress (the light), and ended up on the beach...
The movie didn't feature enough irony to pile it on at the end with a failed bid for survival...

It should have an alternate ending that has a shark confusing him for a seal as he's just about to reach the shore.

JMTCW

---
- FB-Florida Scuba Diver

It sank

The rescue ship sank!?

I have to learn to stay and watch all of the end credits that darn Jerry Bruckheimer has really started a trend here.

---
- FB-Florida Scuba Diver

I took it that he was safe on the beach but I guess you could say he died as well. I think the entire movie was very straight-forward and I'd bet they wouldn't have ended in an enigma. I say he lived.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom