San Pedro Sula to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevep4444

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at the option of flying into SPS because it is one third the cost of a direct Roatan flight the dates we are going. Can anyone give me an estimate for cost and travel time for cabs to the ferry in La Ceiba from SPS? Is there a better way?

These are rough estimates if you were to use the Hedman Alas bus lines, I believe a pribate cab will run a fair bit more but often you can get a bus and split the ride. How many are travelling in your party?

$10-15 San pedro airport to Hedman Bus, they do offer pickup but no Idea on cost and schedul

$14 Hedman Bus to La Ceiba

$10-15 Taxi from La Ceiba Bus Station to Ferry Terminal ,

$27 Ferry to Roatan,

These are one way so you will need to double it but depending on the schedule and flight times you most likely will have to overnight on the mainland at least on departure day if not both so you must figure what time is worth as well

So Roundtrip would be $150

I am looking at the option of flying into SPS because it is one third the cost of a direct Roatan flight the dates we are going. Can anyone give me an estimate for cost and travel time for cabs to the ferry in La Ceiba from SPS? Is there a better way?
I am curious as to what you found, and when, if you don't mind? A quick glance shows Toronto to Roatan @ $775 RT including taxes but dates and original airports will affect that of course. Are you using a charter airline?

When I have looked at this with others, SAP is some cheaper but arriving so late as to require overnights on the mainland, sometimes both ways. RTBDiver gave you good info on the costs but he forgot to explain time of travel I guess. What I see at a glance is $591 to SAP, unappealing times, overnights both ways, and with the connection costs - not a good deal.

Now if you found SAP for $225, great - but I am curious.

:confused:
. RTBDiver gave you good info on the costs but he forgot to explain time of travel I guess. .

Of course without knowing what airlines and what the flights were I thought i covered it pretty well when i mentioned
depending on the schedule and flight times you most likely will have to overnight on the mainland at least on departure day if not both so you must figure what time is worth as well

Depending on how set your dates you could also fly direct with air only from sunwing that often has some pretty good deals, Some random checks this AM I found the flight direct non stop Toronto to RTB, r/t for just under $500 all taxes included

Last edited:
Thanks for the insights. There are 3 of us (Iam paying for all)and we are looking at the March break week of March 15. Last check the Sunwing flights were going to be over $1000 15th to 22nd.Spirit from Detroit was about $360 leaving the 14th and returning the 24th. Planning extra days to compensate for extra travel time.

Yep, The sunwing flights get deeply discounted for short term/ last miute bookings, A little risky if there are three of you on a pretty tight schedule.

Of course without knowing what airlines and what the flights were I thought i covered it pretty well when i mentioned
depending on the schedule and flight times you most likely will have to overnight on the mainland at least on departure day if not both so you must figure what time is worth as well
Depending on how set your dates you could also fly direct with air only from sunwing that often has some pretty good deals, Some random checks this AM I found the flight direct non stop Toronto to RTB, r/t for just under $500 all taxes included
Yep, you did indeed. I simply failed to read closely to the end. Sorry :blush: I didn't know which charter airlines are available either. Thanks!
Thanks for the insights. There are 3 of us (Iam paying for all)and we are looking at the March break week of March 15. Last check the Sunwing flights were going to be over $1000 15th to 22nd.Spirit from Detroit was about $360 leaving the 14th and returning the 24th. Planning extra days to compensate for extra travel time.
Ah ha, that week! You get into a whole new shopping game for Spring Break periods. I see your challenge now. Continental is showing $848 for Mar 14-24 with nice times: YYZ 6:00a to RTB 12:02p; RTB 12:57p to YYZ 11:10p but it'd be nice to do it for a lot less if you have the time to play with.

There is also an itinerary DTW-RTB for $540, over nighting in Dulles each way, leaving Mar 13, arriving back Mar 24. Looks like that Spirit plane arrives SAP 11:58p and returns at 1:30a so maybe your could just do one night at SAP, and spend less with the ferry rather than the puddle jumpers Sailbad mentioned. :thumb:

Hope it all works out well for y'all...!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom