San Pedro Resort Recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Tank 58

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to go to San Pedro for the first time, I have a few questions.
1. How do you get from BZE to your resort and what is the typical charge?
2. How do you get from the resort back to the airport and what is the usual fee?
3. Recommendations for a resort that is on the Beach

Is there any other areas of Belize we should consider? Resort on the beach required.

You are almost certainly going to fly directly from Goldson Aiport to AC. You can take a water bus from Belize City, but most tourists avoid BZ City like the plague.

There are only two options for flying: Maya Island Airlines and Tropic Air. No real difference between the two, and both run flights to and from San Pedro--as well as the rest of the country--all day every day. These are small planes that seat maybe 15 or so plus one seat next to the pilot. No carry on luggage allowed other than a small satchel-type bag. You'll feel like a sardine packed in a can, although maybe not since tourism is down, but the flight won't last long and the view is very cool. They watch your luggage like hawks, and you're expected to show your bag stickers when you pick up your bags, unlike US airports.

Flight schedules and ticket information are posted on their websites. Just Google.

I've been to Belize many times but never AC. I prefer Placencia, which is to the south. I can give you lots of resort on the beach recommendations if you decide to consider it. There's also Hopkins, Caye Caulker, and the (pricey) resorts on the atolls. For the latter, the resort will arrange your transportation by boat to and from their respective islands.

Just as aside, when I first started going to Placencia a one way fare was around $50. It's probably triple that now as it goes up every year. Now I usually rent a car at the airport and drive it. The cost is comparable, and the trip both ways is a blast. I don't really recommend driving for first-timers but it's pretty easy to navigate in Belize without getting lost. There aren't that many (paved) roads, lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom