San Marcos River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I checked for the same reason, it appeared to me that the river is inside city limits all the way to the Blanco. So I guess the speargun is out. I also talked to TPW about it. They say that you must immediatly gut any tillapia you capture. I guess I'll just have to go with the dynamite.

I don't think you're allowed to fish from at least Sewell Park to Rio Vista Dam (Aquarena Spring Dr. to Cheatem St.). I have seen people fishing around the falls at Joe's and underneath the overpass at I-35.

About the tilapia, why do you have to gut it immediatly?

I lived in San Marcos 12 years and logged over 600 dives in the river. Our dive club knows the river like the back of our hands.
It depends on what section... Eels are mostly nocturnal. Under the falls, below aquarena (joe's) is probably the best place to see them at nite...late! The water is swift there. Contact us at cozgrove@budlight.net or visit our club at www.shoekrewe.net .

Back
Top Bottom