San Diego (La Jolla Shores)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prthd9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have talked to several people and been told there was an accident at the Shores on Saturday. No one has the same information, so I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a link or has some info about the accident.

I hope the individual involved is OK.......

There were two threads here on this, but I don't think any of them had any solid information on the incident if you are referring to a diver using a dry suit and heading up feet first. Hope she is OK.

I was there that day - but don't have any true "first hand" info as to what happened. But from what I do know, it sounds like a drowning. There was speculation originally that it might have been a “bad air” problem – then possibly a new drysuit related, uncontrolled accent problem. But last I heard was, that she surfaced, possibly out of air, and was unable to remain on the surface. Our group found one of her weight pouches on the way in. She apparently ditched her whole rig (or her husband did it for her) at some point – which had not been located by the time I left the beach.

The lifeguards and Medics were doing CPR on her when we surfaced – but were no longer “pumping chest” as they loaded her in the ambulance (they successfully resuscitated her) – and she was still alive on Sun, last I checked. So technically it’s considered a “near-drowning”.

If I hear anything else, I’ll update this thread.

That is good news indeed.

I have heard the same thing – Great news! Also, a huge:luxhello: hand to the medics, firefighters and lifeguards there that day – that was a TRUE SAVE! She was in cardiac arrest – clinically dead – and they resuscitated her. Not a whole lot of true, black and white, saves in EMS…. GREAT JOB!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom