San Diego dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

Yeah I’ve got lots of experience with cold water diving. I dive in Scotland with my drysuit but generally if the waters warmer than 14degrees il be fine for multiple dives in a 5mm wetsuit. ( I don’t really feel the cold/ In Galapagos everyone wore 7mm and I was in shorts and a rash vest. 4 dives per day and no issues over the 10 days.)
Great! You should be fine then.

I have zero solo diving certifications so was hoping to get a recommendation for a company that ran trips. I can’t remember the name now- but there was a company that did 2 boat dives in the morning and one in the afternoon. I was just hoping to buddy with some other divers. The trip is at the end of July (think the 23rd.)
Boats around here don't care about solo certs and there's no scuba police on the beach, but you shouldn't do it if you're not comfortable. You can usually find someone to be your buddy on a boat, but my experiences doing that are what drove me to become a solo diver, so... hiring a guide or hooking up with someone in advance might be the way to go. I believe there are some shops offering guided dives but I haven't used them so can't vouch for them.

July 23 is a Saturday, so you should be able to find boats going out. I heartily endorse both the Marissa and Waterhorse.

I can't commit to anything that far in advance, but if you're still looking for a buddy in June, PM me and I'll see what my schedule looks like. I'm always down for SD diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom