San Carlos - Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steveww

New
Reaction score
We're off to mexico at Easter, diving and climbing. Some of the group don't dive and are interested to know how good the snorkling is in the San Carlos area. Does anyone know? Also the seb sites seem to rate the diving here - how good is it?

regards
Steve

Welcome to Scubaboard, Steve. Although I've only been to San Carlos once, I didn't remember any great snorkeling. There's a fair amount of non-diving activities, though. You can search the Mexico forum here on Scubaboard for San Carlos info and find quite a bit of information on many threads.

Additionally, there's a group of Tucson, Arizona folks who dive there every month. I found out about them through this link:
http://www.vancesystems.com/scuba/

That also has general San Carlos/Guaymas information. That website's creator, Daniel Vance, is a frequent poster on Scubaboard. I can tell you that the Tucson group in Tucson are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Last, Mexico on Scubaboard is in the North America forum. Perhaps a moderator will move this new thread you've started.

Enjoy! And if you dive with the sea lions there, or rather, if they dive with you, try not to hoover down half your tank in your first astonished gasp, as I did.

--Wayne

Welcome to the Board, Steve. Snorkeling in San Carlos is hit or miss. You can actually get pretty decent snorkeling out at San Pedro Island, but it's a 2 hour boat ride out there. San Carlos doesn't have much as far as shore diving/snorkeling. The local shops down there do sell snorkeling spots on their boats. Believe it or not, San Carlos is actually more of an Arizona Scuba area than a Mexico area. The majority of divers in San Carlos drive down from somewhere in Arizona, so this would be better suited in that forum.

Steve, you can also take a look at the threads at the bottom of this page and click on them.

Back
Top Bottom