San Andres Island in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canuck2

New
Reaction score
I've been looking at the last minute deals for all-inclusive packages to go to San Andres Island in November... pretty cheap at this time of year. Obviously, it's due to it being low season and I'm guessing the chance of a rainy week is pretty good.
But is is VERY cheap and I will be spending most of my time underwater anyway. I am not much for sitting on the beach anyway.

Anybody been there this time of year?
Is the ocean pretty rough uisually? (i.e. would the boats not go out due to rough conditions?)
Is the visibility still decent?
Thanks for any feedback!

Which resort Dive op will you be using ?

We were there last year stayed and dove out of the Aquarium Granted it was feb but we did have a good storm for 2 days never had a problem with not going out the decision was basicly ours if we were up for it the boat went. The diving is better on the southern end of the island but we only made it down there twice in 2 weeks as the swells were huge . Lots of sights on the northern end of the island although it can get a little rough as the boats are a little small. Vis was generaly 80 ft plus prob around 60 on the rough days.

You have to look at it as if the boats dont go out they dont make any money so unless its truly not a safe situation they will do all in there power to get you in the water.

If you are staying at the Aquarium feel free to pm me and I can forward the owners email to you he is a bit of a haggler and we have been able to get better pricing by dealing with him directly.l

Back
Top Bottom