same deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The first time (like many) i went diving... i was way overweighted didnt know what the heck i was doing and didnt have friends that could stop laughing..long enought to help me out... after sinking straight to the muck and getting tangled in weeds.. i lost a fin and regulator.. i was 10 feet deep only but in that case it seemed like a long way down.. after coughing and searching for my inflator button.. i finally found my way up..(not the right way i may add) i thouht to myself.. why would anyone want to learn this... anyway.... i signed up for lessons later on that day.. and its been great ever since..

:eek:What a story!

Where was the Instructor during all this?

~SubMariner~

SubMariner once bubbled...
:eek:What a story!

Where was the Instructor during all this?

~SubMariner~

None I'm guessing..

The first time (like many) i went diving

<snip>

anyway.... i signed up for lessons later on that day

no.. but it was before thought...i never knew the seriousness diving had... i was just a guy that wanted to go scubadiving... didnt know the ins and outs of it... my friends could have been better friends at that time but neither of them have dove in 10 years..anyway..i know now...it all turned out good, so.. im looking for some new friends to go diving with....

Wow - scary story. But unfortunately, try-dives etc are very similar. A lot of dive centres in places like Greece make there money on trydives.

At £30 ($40) a pop - with 12 going down each group, and having at least 10-15 groups going down a day - theres some serious profit.

When I first PLANNED a try dive my dad was actually training for his OW (padi) so me and my mum were pressured to give it a go. The instructor we were placed with clearly didnt want to be there and was very rude to us. When we pointed out that the wetsuits were falling off us even when zipped up he stated this wasnt a fashion show!

Not only that but we asked to go on the first dive from the group as we were planning on meeting my dad when we started but he obviously didnt want to be nice and helpful and put us in the 1st group.

We demanded are money back anc complained that we would never trust a guy like that with our lives. Luckily we knew about diving from my dad but not everyones so lucky.

When we finally did our try dive we did it at the end of the day so it was just the instructor, me, mum & dad along with snorkellers. I really enjoyed in and went back to train the following year with my dads old instructor!! :)

I'm glad it worked out OK. Now go get cert'd before you try a stunt like that again.

:thumb:

My first time in scuba was a spear fishing trip in Lake Norfork with my cousin who was a real OW diver with a card and everything. Oh and my second and third and...

I don't think we went very deep because it never got real cold.

Years later when I took a class I found out why you shouldn't go diving with your cousin until your trained. Who knew?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom