Salvador dalis in 7-14mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Few shots of salvador dali sponges taken in Gorontalo water, early of March. OMD EM5 with 7-14mm in Nauticam housing and 6" dome port.

Yunis and Salvador dali 5 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali 6 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali 7 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali 9 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali 10 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali 4 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali 3 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Yunis and Salvador dali 2 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

However, Gorontalo is not only about giant sponges. The muck diving is awesome as well.
Here more pics including macro (with 60mm macro lens)

Gorontalo March 2014

Very nice collection , love your pics , i have to google Gorontalo never heared of it !
Frank

Very nice collection , love your pics , i have to google Gorontalo never heared of it !
Frank

Thanks for kind words,
Indeed Gorontalo is an hidden paradise, located in northen Sulawesi, Indonesia, 30 minutes flight from Manado or 1 hour from Makasar.

Very nice

Hi Wisnu - great shots looks interesting. Where did you stay and what was it like? Who did you dive with? Are the beaches OK for my partner to lie on and read a book?

Hi Wisnu - great shots looks interesting. Where did you stay and what was it like? Who did you dive with? Are the beaches OK for my partner to lie on and read a book?

Hi Ardy, thanks
Gorontalo diving is awesome, unfortunately there's no such real diving resort yet. I stayed at Julia hotel (budget hotel), one of two hotels in the city center, recommended by Miguel Diving. The other hotel is Quality hotel, next door of Julia hotel, probably the most luxury hotel for Gorontalo standard. Every morning, Rantje Allen - the boss of Miguel diving, co author of Gorontalo Hidden Paradise, pick-up all the gues at 7:30 and brought to their jetty on the Bone river. The dive sites located 10 minutes - 1 hour boat ride from the jetty. Typically they will park their boat on one of plenty of nice beach for lunch break or surface stop. My fav, is Ulele village; nice place to try split uwp.

Ulele village 2 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom