Salutations from Sunny and Mountainous Colorado!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DenverCoJeff

Reaction score
Hello All! I discovered this site from the Denver Scuba Diving Club site (not very active - sadly).

Greetings to everyone and, yes, Coloradoans love to dive. We get to use this great altitude table.

I don't know if this is the right forum - but I'm looking for a good diving only deal for Cozumel - Aug 4th thru 6th. Any suggestions about the best operators there? Looks like Day's Inn there has got about the best rates...

Thanks and Keep On Divin!

Jeff

Hi colorado guy!
Yours is a lovely state, great beer, too! You can put such inquiries under the travel section of the board. There are travel agents on the board who always seem to have just what you're looking for, and divers who have put together their own trips. Welcome, & make sure to jump in on threads where u can tell us more about your altitude diving experiences. I have only done that once.

What shop are you through in Denver? You do any local diving?

Roak

Hello Roak and Art Chic,

Roak - I dive with Scuba Den. They are a fabulous store and great people. I'm trying to get some more local diving going - but I don't see much activity going on. Are you local? I'd love to get a ton of dives in this summer. To include night dives! They are great!

Art Chic - I will definitely post some info - I'm headed to Wellington Reservoir this weekend just to get some extra dives under my belt. My first deep diving experience was at the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. It is where all of us western folks go for our deep dives and you can dive there year round. It is a natural artesian spring and is a really fun town to visit. Right on old Route 66! The visibility is amazing there (compared to our normal reservoirs and such...).

Thanks again for the welcome! Catch you all soon!

Peace and Bubbles,

Jeff

Hey Rooster,

I'm a Colorado guy but have a great friend here who is from Detroit. I'm not a sports freak, but what a great series! Wings are pretty spectacular.

To Art - Yes - we have some incredible microbreweries out here. The best part is after a great mountain bike ride (I prefer downhill to up...) there isn't a place that you ride that doesn't have at least a couple of great micros around. I'm assuming that you weren't talking about Coors... ;-)

Jeff

I've been through Denver quite a few times, on my way to CO Springs, beautiful area! Have not had the pleasure of diving there though, bet there are some wonderful clear lakes to check out.

Enjoy the Board! :hi:

Jeff, do you know Vickie who's a dive-con through Scuba Den? If sho she's one of my buddies that dives the "Depths of the Pacific" exhibit with me at Ocean Journey.

Looks like my life will be slowing down to the point that I'll be doing some local dives starting in August. If there's any water left in any of the lakes, that is.

Roak

One of the best dive ops in Coz is Caballito del Caribe. We've been using them for years and highly recommend them. Small, fast boats, safe, excellent DM's and very accommodating to preferred dive sites.

Another that is recommended often is
Papa Hog's, although I have never used them personally.

As for places to stay, it depends on whether you want to be oceanside and with a dock on the premisses for pick up or if you want to walk or take a cab to the main pier. If it doesn't matter, the Hacienda San Miguel is very affordable and really nice for a small hotel. The efficiency rooms with 'fridge and small kitchenette will allow you to save on eating out.

Alicia's B&B is another good choice for a deal.

Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom