Saltspring day trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
By the way, Hyperlimits, make sure you post about how Constance Bank and Brotchie go tomorrow. I'm really curious.

If I don't get swept away by the current. The dive is on Sunday, too bad you can't make it.

Hyper-limits:
If I don't get swept away by the current. The dive is on Sunday, too bad you can't make it.
I'll be doing a nice, safe dive. Maybe Ten Mile if the currents cooperate or the Breakwater to test out the video setup. Maybe I'll do a drift and meet up with you guys at Brochie Ledge.

HI guy. Mark ,next time you plan of going some nice dive like those one. e-mail me or give me a call.

AL, the dive will be a nice one, you will have you fins swept away by pleasure

Lou.

ryder:
AL, the dive will be a nice one, you will have you fins swept away by pleasure

Lou.

I hope the dive is a good one, Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the current will not be too strong. As for my fins as long as they don't get swept away in the current I'll be OK, After all those SP Jetfin are the best fins around and they cost me a Six pack of beer.

Cheers

Al

swankenstein:
I'll be doing a nice, safe dive. Maybe Ten Mile if the currents cooperate or the Breakwater to test out the video setup. Maybe I'll do a drift and meet up with you guys at Brochie Ledge.

You may as well get some practice in for the next time you dive Boiling Reef on Saturna without a boat. Looking at a chart, Brochie Ledge appears to be a mere stones-throw compared to the San Juans. :wink:

SeanQ:
You may as well get some practice in for the next time you dive Boiling Reef on Saturna without a boat. Looking at a chart, Brochie Ledge appears to be a mere stones-throw compared to the San Juans. :wink:
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I never actually drifted as far as Boiling Reef. I had the sense to climb out at the point of Saturna. It's too bad the current always goes outwards there because of a back-eddy. Otherwise it would be a bit safer if the current took you back to your entry point. I think if Brotchie Ledge was in a current-free inlet, it would be close enough to swim too (if you weren't in a hurry), but there's a bit of current there so it would be a pretty long swim (if you ever made it). Plus there's all the boat traffic in and out of the harbour. Maybe one day I'll do it by "accident". When I was diving Gabriola, some ladies saw me climb out of the water and seemed confused as to where I had been. I told them I drifted across from Vancouver to save the cost of the ferry. They were amazed and asked me if I wasn't afraid of killer whales. They actually thought I was serious. (Yes, I told them I was joking - eventually).

Back
Top Bottom