Salt Point or Fort Ross diving this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Farty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This can look like very fuzzy question, I hope it does not look too dull.

We are planning to go up north (Salt Point or Fort Ross) to do few dives this upcoming Thursday. Looking at the forecasts it does not look good, anybody went this past weekend? I know things can change a lot, but probably not from 2 feet to 80 feet.

The real reason why I am asking is that this is going to be dive 100 and if the viz looks bad I rather go Point Lobos and enjoy premium diving (we had around 40 feet viz past couple weeks in Lobos).

Thank you

I didn't get out there this past weekend, but the reports I saw from locals were that the vis was "crap."

I live and dive up here and would gladly drive to Lobos for dive # 100.

I heard three feet minimum with around 8 foot average, last Saturday at Gerstle Cove. I would recommend Lobos!

Thank you for quick responses, I think it would be foolish to do dive 100 up North. Dear Point Lobos, I'm coming over (again).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom