Salt folding knife - contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salg

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I posted on another thread that I was seeking information on dive cutting tools. I thought that perhaps it was rude to ask for information without offering something in return.

I work with Spyderco knives. I thought to offer some Salts in return for your input.

We make 4 models of Salts ( Salt 1 - Atlantic Salt - Pacific Salt & Tasman Salt ). They can be seen at our website; Spyderco.com. ( http://66.113.178.251/catalog/list.php?genre=knife ).

They come in black or yellow handles with plain or serrrated edges.

If you will post your screen name, we will select 5 names the end of May and give each their choice of any of the Salt models.

I would also ask that you share with me your thoughts on the H-1 thread.

thanx much.

sal

Welcome aboard Sal. We're alway game for free schwag around here. :D

In addition to what I said on the H 1 thread, I think a really cool dive knife would be something the size of the Endura that could be clipped to the chest harness or waist belt without the use of a sheath. But the clip mechanism would have to be really secure. Losing a spyderco knife (which I've done before) would really ruin my day.

Frank

Hi Sal:

Others have posted about H1 steel on this board, and I've seen the claim that it won't rust. In my years of watersports, I've had a Gerber river shorty (some rust, where it contacted the sheath), a small titanium knife (I forget the name, has the name "Blackie Collins" on it, and a Benchmade river rescue knife. I've mostly used the small but sharp ti knife, because I can leave it on my BC, hose off the rig, and not have to dry and oil the blade. It's also discreet, so I don't have people looking at me like I'm trying to be Rambo-diver. Some of the fittings were conventional metals however, including (I think) the spring that holds the knife into the sheath. These have developed some rust.

Is the Salt series belt clip, and metal other than the blade, also H1 or other rustproof material? I've a friend at work who sails, and loves your knives. Do you have non-folding H1 blades?

Thanks,
Slingshot

Hi Slingshot,

If possible, try to post any and all preferences on the H-1 thread. That's the info we're looking for to make our fixed blade dive knives.

On the folders, all parts are rust free. The clips are titanium. The springs, pins, pivots, etc. were all selected and tested before introducing the models.

I know you've probably heard this before, but they don't rust.........honest...........I wouldn't lie to you, I hardly know you. :wink:

sal

wow, looks great! I am looking for non-folding knives as well. Clips being titanium would be extra bonus! There is another option: you can make them in stainless steel to keep the cost a little lower for those budget divers? Good luck making knives for divers!

I would like to participate in this contest! :)

W00t! What do I have to do? I already posted in the other thread... and my screenname is CompuDude, in case you missed the bit on the left. :wink:

salg:
Hi,

I posted on another thread that I was seeking information on dive cutting tools. I thought that perhaps it was rude to ask for information without offering something in return.

I work with Spyderco knives. I thought to offer some Salts in return for your input.

We make 4 models of Salts ( Salt 1 - Atlantic Salt - Pacific Salt & Tasman Salt ). They can be seen at our website; Spyderco.com. ( http://66.113.178.251/catalog/list.php?genre=knife ).

They come in black or yellow handles with plain or serrrated edges.

If you will post your screen name, we will select 5 names the end of May and give each their choice of any of the Salt models.

I would also ask that you share with me your thoughts on the H-1 thread.

thanx much.

sal

Hello Sal:

Welcome to Scubaboard. Nice to see a manufacturer researching what the people want. A fully non rusting folding knife would be a great thing. :D

Many of the other folding knives don't rust on the blade, but do on the other parts of the knife.

The only thing better than a spyderco for a daily use knife would be a free spyderco.

salg:

I'll try for it - my screen name is Walter.

You drawing names from this thread or the H-1 Thread? Im slightly confused. Anyways, toss my name in, utdivermatt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom