Salmon Season starts this Saturday.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So where's the pics of today's boat ramp follies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey aren't you supposed to be having dinner with your family not playing on your phone? :popcorn:

Yep opening day can be crazy,,but looks like it wont be as bad as chucks prediction..unless they head out for tuna!

It was worse than the forecast I quoted. The buoy was reporting
16' swells in the late afternoon. But not much wind, so the boat
would ride up and over. Word was there were salmon limits at
Soquel Hole. Diving would have been surgy. I got all the receipts
sorted for my taxes. I spent 717.05 on breakwater parking. Wish
I could figure out how to deduct that.

Tomorrow looks worse. TurboTax here I come.

First the boat ramp report from K-dock. Although there were plenty of minor screw ups (throwing the dock lines back in the boat before it was back on the trailer, poor line-ups by the boat blowing in the wind, etc.) the real treat was watching the fisherman(?) balancing on the trailer tongue to hook up the winch to the bow eye. There were a LOT of wet feet and pants. :popcorn: And we all know the water temps here aren't Caribbean or even Orwood-during-the-summer temps.

There's something to be said about hopping right in the water with your drysuit on and hookin' the bow eye. :wink:

The diving was just *eh*. Surface was swell, the vis was, well, um, let's just say that at Hopkins deep we hit the bottom before we saw it. At ballbuster it was ~15 ft at the bottom, but really bad down to about 40-50 ft. Green and plenty of nettles in the water column.

Back
Top Bottom