Salinas Diver died at Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is scary for a beginner like me. I dove around alone in shallow water after my check out dive. I made sure there were other divers in the area but did not have a designated buddy. This is very sad and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Steve

As a side note, Greg left behind a wife and two daughters. He was an accomplished martial artist in Ninjutsu, and an ordained Buddhist priest.
bwd_greg2.jpg

My condolences as well to you Devin and any other friends as well as his family. Its always a shame to hear about incidents like these. I would be curious to learn what happened, and if he did have a spare air source as well this time.

Breaks my heart to read this. My condolences to his family and all who knew him here on the board. For those so connected, please post what the doctors discover if it can be released.

For what it's worth, I spoke to someone connected with the coroner's office. There was no equipment failure, and his tank was almost completely full. He may have not even descended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom