SALE: SHADOW DIVERS by Robert Kurson $14.95 FREE S/H

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cards90

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Book Hardcover
400 pages

Publisher: Random House
Publication Date: July, 2004

Back in the late 1990s two authors took the publishing world by storm (no pun intended) when they reported on two inherently fascinating subjects. Jon Krakauer’s Into Thin Air and Sebastian Junger’s The Perfect Storm became immediate media sensations, selling millions of books and immersing readers in true tales of heroism. Now, it’s 2004 and a worthy successor to these great works has finally arrived with Robert Kurson’s captivating tale of a group of deep-sea divers who inadvertently discovered Hitler’s lost submarine just off the coast of New Jersey. Action-adventure buffs, historians, mystery-lovers, or just the curious: this is the true-life adventure book you’ve been waiting for.

Deep-sea diving is not for the faint of heart, but for John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, testing themselves against treacherous currents, braving depths that could kill, and navigating through dangerous wreckage was more than a sport—it was a passion. In the fall of 1991, what they would discover 230 feet below the Atlantic surface would change their lives and history forever: A World War II German U-boat crippled on the ocean floor, its ruined interior a macabre wasteland of twisted metal, tangled wires, and human bones. But the big question remained: What was this U-boat that neither the German or U.S. governments knew anything about, doing just 60 miles off of the New Jersey coast?

This is just the start of one of the most fascinating tales we’ve read in close to a decade. The quest to find the answers to the U-boat's identity will cost men’s lives, upset governments, and bond two former enemies together. And it all culminates in recreating the heroic last days of the German crew who fulfilled their duty and set sail to death even after they knew the war was lost. Readers, this book is the one everyone will be reading in 2004.

I take PayPal :dazzler1:
Send $14.95 to cards90@yahoo.com (Make sure you put book title in item desciption) or if you prefer you my by from my online auction just "click here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3689658274&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT " my ID is MHCService

ok u got me interested in it, then I went over to amazon and read the reviews - the reviews were very good. This price of 14.95 with shipping is cheaper than amazon's list price (plus you have to pay shipping)

gimme positive feedback on ebay for paying immediately :eyebrow:

I have over 1000 of these books available for Only $14.95 (includes S/H to US lower 48) You can use your Credit Card or Paypal account to pay.

I will ship any place in the world but it will cost a little more to ship and it takes about 3-4 weeks to get to you.

Just go here to buy it or some of my other Dive Related Books.

http://stores.ebay.com/MHCService_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

If you would rather use a Money Order you can send it to my home at:

Richard Stephens
2036 Homewood Ave
Paducah, KY 42003

Just be sure to put the book title, and your Name & Address on it.

Is this a (cheaper) book club version, or the version you get from Amazon and from the major bookstores?

tandoori:
Is this a (cheaper) book club version, or the version you get from Amazon and from the major bookstores?

I am not sure what the difference is but if you check my feedback on ebay you will see some of the comments that were left on it. I personally have a copy and think that it is a great book, looks nice and all.

Tell me how to tell the diff. and I will let you know.

It is shipped from a wholesaler in PA

Also a couple of SBers have bought it and I have had no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom