Salchichon dive (non-chick dive) & Labor Day W/E

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, not sure who might be turned away by diving in what would have to almost entirely a sausage party whilst the girls are off doing their chick diving thing, but i thought i would throw out the idea of diving over the Labor Day W/E, in particular anything in SE FL around the time the chicks are out doing theirs. Beach/boat is fine, i know some are doing that REEF ID thing, and whilst its a good price, i would prefer to be diving rather than sitting in a classroom on saturday afternoon, it also sounds like that course is pretty much filled up anyway.

Essentially, Becky and i will head down for that weekend, hoping to get in some beach diving, night and day, with her doing the chick dive saturday AM - hence the need for me to have a dive or two whilst i am "buddyless". Also looking to see what other plans are afoot saturday PM, sunday PM and on monday before we head back off up to O-town. Beach diving would be the best as its cheap/free and we are spending a whole bunch in the next few weekends on diving trips. Becky and i can go off and do our own thing beach diving the rest of that weekend, but i always like to throw it out there and see if something might be in the pipeline in terms of people getting together, partying or wishing to dive together. :wink:

So what say you???

simbrooks:
i know some are doing that REEF ID thing, and whilst its a good price, i would prefer to be diving rather than sitting in a classroom on saturday afternoon, it also sounds like that course is pretty much filled up anyway.

It's an INCREDIBLE price. Free, actually.
I mean, if you were to do a 2-tank boat dive it'd normally be $45 or more (plus tip). This is $5 less than that, and INCLUDES tip.
And then they throw in a GUIDED shore dive TOO?
And THEN they throw in an afternoon class for your surface interval before any evening dives you might wanna do???

If it's full, that's news to me.
Last time I spoke with Colin, it seemed there was definitely going to be room on the boat, unless a gob of people showed up with cash in hand at the last minute.

Check with Rose (Oceanwatch), or Colin before you assume it's full. I don't think it is.

We are PSYCHED! Can you tell? lol.

"see if something might be in the pipeline in terms of people getting together, partying or wishing to dive together."

I'm SURE the group of SBers doing the class will be partying at the Villamar, but you'd have to post that question back in the REEF class thread to firm up plans.

As for a nite dive, again.. I'm sure they're planning on doing that too, but the only confirmation I got so far was that Colin was gonna go bug-hunting at night.

Since that's not something I'm licensed/equipped for, nor interested in, I think we're going to have a small group who are available for a night dive Saturday night.

Having never done it before, I know my wife and I would be more than happy to buy someone who knows the local nite diving a nice dinner/drinks if they'd be willing to guide us that nite.

The closer to Deerfield/Pompano the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom