Sagamore Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JLThompson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live in the Soo, and have read about the Sagamore in the local dive books but am new to the area. Can anyone fill me in on where to find someone who will take me out to her? Also I cannot find anyone on the Michigan side of the Soo for air fills, and I just finished my Nitrox class too, so it would be good if they could mix nitrox. Also I have never been out on that part of the Lake/river is it sheltered enough for small craft say 16-18 ft? A friend of mine has a 18' Tracker I might be able to use but I am not trying to swamp a boat in the shipping lanes. Thanks

There is no active charters in the area that I am aware of, though a few locals may be able to take you out there. Where the Sagamore lies, you are in the middle of the unbound lane which at the moment is very active and I do not think that the wrecks in the area have been buoyed yet. On a calm day you should have no problems getting out there in your friends boat, just make sure someone is topside at all times for lookout purposes. You can either launch at the Soo or in the town of Brimley a dozen miles to the north. It is a long haul from Paradise to get to the wreck. As for air, I believe that an older thread mentioned that the local fire department will fill your tank, but below 3000psi and do not have the ability to mix, not that it will benefit much in cold water.

Back
Top Bottom