Safety Sausage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I'd consider neither Aqua, nor Leisure Pro to be the absolute experts in the field of dive gear definitions, my 10' tube is sold as a safety sausage. I think $2.00 would be a much fairer price, than $13., but when mine wears out, I plane to buy another one of these cheap ones. It's huge (about 6" x 10') when it's open, and small when I put it away. Consider it disposable, but I've had mine on every dive since open water class.

I'm back in the Chicago area for a quick visit and headed to a couple LDSs. After spending too much money on things I couldn't find back in the Philippines, I kept getting the same answer about SMBs/Safety Sausages. I carry a cheap orange plastic one that orally inflates. I hate it!

I'm looking for one that can be inflated underwater with my octopus. Yes, I'm aware of all the safety concerns and proper procedures. I've dove with a buddy that uses one but can't recall where his wife purchased it. Does anyone know of one that is made to be inflated underwater?

All the one's I've ever seen are made to be inflated underwater.

Halcyon
Dive Rite
Manta
Carter

Dozens of places to buy them. Even online.

ManilaMike:
I'm looking for one that can be inflated underwater with my octopus. Yes, I'm aware of all the safety concerns and proper procedures. I've dove with a buddy that uses one but can't recall where his wife purchased it. Does anyone know of one that is made to be inflated underwater?

I agree. Mine is a good quality sausage 6' tall by 6" wide, but I can't inflate it anywhere but at the surface. If I had it to do over again, I'd go with the SMB version as described earlier.

I like Halcyon Diver's Alert Markers
got four sizes:
Small Alert Marker: 3.3' long, 6 lbs lift
Semi-Closed Alert Marker: 3.8’ long, 20 lbs lift
Big Alert Marker: 4.5' long, 40 lbs lift
Super Big Alert Marker: 6' long, 52 lbs lift
here the link http://www.halcyon.net/mc/dam.shtml

I have the DAN one and it's pretty good. You can use your LPI to inflate it, as well as a mesh pocket at the bottom where you can add some weight so it sit's vertically in the water when you deploy it. It comes with a storm whistle, mirror, and glow stick. Also includes a over inflate valve.

ManilaMike:
I'm back in the Chicago area for a quick visit and headed to a couple LDSs. After spending too much money on things I couldn't find back in the Philippines, I kept getting the same answer about SMBs/Safety Sausages. I carry a cheap orange plastic one that orally inflates. I hate it!

Cater makes a great open-bottom/oral-inflate SMB. I have 1 RED model in stock at the moment....less 15% SB discount if you are interested, email me. It's what I personally carry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom