Safari Inn Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teddyc911

Reaction score
Has anyone ever stayed at the Safari Inn in Coz or been diving with them? The place sounds too cheap to be worth staying at. I want a cheap trip but don't want to stay in a dump.

Stayed there August 6th-11th, 2005. It all depends on your expectations. It isn't the Cozumel Palace by any means. BUT... clean rooms, good A/C, no TV (fine with me), handy location, right in the middle of town. Dive shop right in the same building. And the price is right ! We just got back from Club Cantamar In La Paz---now THAT'S A DUMP !! No water, and a shortage of food all week !
Safari is ok for the price.... as long as you know what you are getting.

Stayed there a couple of years ago, not bad. Not fancy, but not a dump. It serves the purpose of a place to rest your head. You dive with Aqua Safari which is one of the oldest dive ops in Cozumel. I try to dive with them when I go down there. The dock is right across the street and the dive shop is right below.

I would stay there again.

Later,
Dive Monkey

I was also at Cantamar this past week. As buffa2 said, there were problems at the resort - we had no water at all coming from our hot water tap and not only was there not enough food to go around, but not enough chairs, plates, bowls... It seems they over booked (full house) and lost a lot of their staff. The diving, however, was wonderful. Pedro and Aki were so attentive on the boats and Jorge was a great captain. We did 19 dives and a whale shark "chase" in 6 days.

I found a another post of someone who seemed to be there the previous week who raved about the facility - as have other posts. I hope for Club Cantamar that they can repair their problems! I know I would have to think twice about going there again.

If you want inexpensive take a look at Caribe Blu. A real favorite!!

Teddyc911:
Has anyone ever stayed at the Safari Inn in Coz or been diving with them? The place sounds too cheap to be worth staying at. I want a cheap trip but don't want to stay in a dump.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom