Sad news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw the coverage on the news - didn't know it was Ken's boat. Saw it was an old woodie so was sad that another one is gone, but this is going to be a huge loss for the diving community around here. Hard to park a boat without some kind of insurance, but unlikely it was fully insured.

I just spoke with Ken and he is in good spirits. He is definitely talking about getting the operation back on its feet. Ken has had over 10,000 divers on his boat in the seven years he has been operating and if the messages on these forums and facebook etc. are anything to go by he still has a very loyal customer base.
So Ken wants to take the winter to regroup and reinvent Divers Choice Charters and when the time comes he hopes to pre-sell some charter trips for the following year which will give him the capital to get on his feet again. I am sure he will be spending lots of time with his accountant and being the smart guy he is will have a really good business plan in place by next spring.
He is very appreciative of all the support he has had over the last few days and I believe this has been a big factor in his resolve to push ahead with the charter business. Long live Divers Choice Charters!

Ken has the backing of all the local divers here as well as loyal customers for other areas to help him get the business running again. Terrible that it happened, but at least it did during the slower season. Can hardly wait to see what he gets for a new boat!

"Rumour" is not a good thing to be spreading - especially when it is wrong. Wait for facts that come from the source itself.

"Rumour" is not a good thing to be spreading - especially when it is wrong. Wait for facts that come from the source itself.

Sorry but my post above came right from the horses mouth and I asked his consent to post what I did.

Sad news indeed. Looking forward to diving with Ken again.

Sorry but my post above came right from the horses mouth and I asked his consent to post what I did.

I know you did, I spoke to him too. But I was not refering to this. There are other posts with rumour. I guess I should have quoted. When things happen really close to home people get even more sensitive to things that are said. It is wonderful to read all the well wishes and keep them coming, great encouragement for Ken. I just think it would be prudent to wait for any facts instead of passing along "heard this" or "read that statements". Sorry if this offends anyone, but Ken is a friend.

Hope Ken gets things back up and running. Always had a great time with them.

Dave: I take it from your posts that Ken and Carolyn are both well, and for that I'm grateful.

I have expressed to them privately and want to reiterate here how much I admire and respect what they've done for Nanaimo diving and I hope they come back to it. I will be happy to pre-book if it helps things.

Long live DCC, indeed!

Best regards,
Bryan

Back
Top Bottom