Sad news - diver missing in Riau Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got a confirmation. It was indeed a heart attack and it had nothing to do with the rebreather he was using. His body was found at 17m (55ft). The Draeger Ray rebreather he was using was still intact and working.

He was a big man (more than 300lbs) and this is thought to be one of the contributing factors, as well as the strong currents that day.

Thanks for the concern and support, guys. Dive safe.

From what I hear, a death caused by the rebreather delivering the wrong pO2 can look like a heart attack to a coroner who isn’t familiar with signs.

From what I hear, a death caused by the rebreather delivering the wrong pO2 can look like a heart attack to a coroner who isn’t familiar with signs.

A lot of them get filed away as heart attacks..

I pray that the Lord will take care their family and may God bless Carlson's eternal soul.

Tommer

Hi,

I had just visted Carlson Lee two weeks ago. He had invited me to come see his operation, as he was setting up a new tech shop.

He was one of the nicest people I have ever met, truly outgoing, generous and fun to spend time with.

I was really looking forward to a long frienship with him. I am so sad that Carlson is gone, as he really had so many dreams. He was trying to make it happen.

He was so happy to be newly married and talked constantly about his new baby. I honestly cannot say enough about him.

For those that knew him longer than I, you are the lucky ones. I could tell that he gave back alot more than he took in life.

Bless his family and friends for their loss and I hope that Carlson has given us an important reminder as to how quickly life can leave us or our loved ones.

Everyday, needs to be treated with respect for our friends and love ones.

Here's to the memory of a true friend, Carlson Lee.

Mike

GOD bless him, and his family and friends:angel:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom