SAD>>> how furs are made... :-((((((((((

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wristshot:
Ever seen how fish are killed and cleaned here in the US? Ever seen how a catfish is cleaned? How different is that? Are lobsters "humanely" killed in the US, or would that be considered "barbaric"?

W

Bad arguement. Comparing apples to oranges. Neither animal has a sufficiently developed nervous system to compare to a mammal.

TwoBit

That is pretty *censored by staff* sick if I may add, and it's BS, no matter what country you are from, or what culture you are. Who is the real animals here? Stop wearing the fur and promoting the industry.....it's that simple, and then bomb the *******s.

For some reason it posted twice, probably an indication of my disgust with this S. Probably a good thing that I don't travel to these countries.

As a animal lover! I am very glad I read all the posts before I clicked on the video. Thank god I still have dial up. Those of you that have watched it, are you sure it is from another country? Maybe the link should be tuned into the USDA and the SPCA? By someone that can tell them about what the video is about, so the reader of the email has warning?
http://www.usda.gov
http://www.aspca.org
Serial Killers are born from killing animals by torture. I can't even watch a TV show where they catch sharks. That is very cruel too! If I were to go to a bull fight I would cheer the bull to kill the matador. The shark to kill the fisherman/woman.:jaws:

I also believe in free speech. So I vote no for a toss of the thread. However People should be warned to read all the post before they click the video. Maybe the first post can be edited for people to strongly read all post before they click to watch?:11:

shortyjrt:
... I would cheer the bull to kill the matador. The shark to kill the fisherman/woman.
So, you prefer people killed over animals? Would that also go for, say, my granddaughter over a bluegill? Which would you choose to kill? Once she gets the fish on the bank, she has a tendency to step on it and rip the hook out of it's mouth, then leave it to slowly die on the bank. Would you prefer she be killed? How would you like her to be killed? Or should we kill her daddy for letting her do it? How about both of them? Hey, as long as it's not the fish, right?

(BTW, I too abhor the treatment of animals as depicted in the video. But I'm also against the killing of people,)

Rick Inman:
So, you prefer people killed over animals? Would that also go for, say, my granddaughter over a bluegill? Which would you choose to kill? Once she gets the fish on the bank, she has a tendency to step on it and rip the hook out of it's mouth, then leave it to slowly die on the bank. Would you prefer she be killed? How would you like her to be killed? Or should we kill her daddy for letting her do it? How about both of them? Hey, as long as it's not the fish, right?

(BTW, I too abhor the treatment of animals as depicted in the video. But I'm also against the killing of people,)

Dear Rick,

I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else for that matter. No I do NOT prefer people killed over animals! But, killing a Bull is a sport in a ring for people to watch for money. The show I stumbled on TV the other day was a shark killing sport for money. I have fished and cleaned fish myself. But I didn't stab it a 1,000 times before I ate it! I also eat meat, but I don't want to watch it killed and cut up. The first cow we raised to eat. I didn't know you got the whole animal back, and I mean whole. I was ok until I picked up the package that said Heart. We gave the cow away, it made the meat real and still alive to me. I love lobster, but I also do not want to watch it boiled alive.
Again I apologize if I have offended anyone.
Sincerely,

shortyjrt:
I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else for that matter.
No problem! Thanks for clearing that up!! :)

one of my main hobbies was deer hunting. there was time that i have seen animals still living after some hours of being shot with a arrow or shot gun slug. but i never torchored the animal. I tryed to make it a quick death(not takeing hard shots were i didnt think i could make it with luck) + i was eating the dear so to ME this is OK since i was brought up with it being normal. but my wife from the city were its not. so thats why i have stoped. + im tried of the mess.(deer hunters know what i mean)
but while the animals were still alive thats not write but what can i doo NOTHING
+ i like furr and leather.

I sure hope you were hunting "deer" and not someone "dear" to someone else . . . :05:

the K

Back
Top Bottom