Sad Day in Cozumel ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those that knew Blanca Hog, she passed away on March 17th, after surgery for cancer.

I had not seen a post on SB yet (unless I missed it), so thought I would put this up, as I first learned about Blanca on SB. Alan & I last saw Blanca in December, and I will have fond memories of her feisty attitude as well as her at lunch with her "bib" on. There is information on TravelNotes.CC about donations being sent to the Humane Society of Cozumel in Blanca's name. And there was someone on Rodales board collecting pictures to put together an album for Mike & Margaret. I'm sure there are divers all around the world who will miss her.

Our prayers and condolences go to her family and friends.
Very sad news.

From a post (not mine) on the local GH board "I've been in touch with Margret and she has two areas where she'd like any funds donated to "Blanca's Fund" to go. The one place being to help to get a veterinary x-ray on Coz and the other being to the Coz humane society." Apparently she's especially keen to see an x-ray unit for animals.

This just posted on the GHD board:Mike and Margaret have purchased a portable X-ray machine and donated it to the Vet Clinic in Cozumel in memory of Blanca. Anyone who wishes may make a contribution toward this major purchase can drop it by one of the shops. On an ongoing basis Mike and Margaret will be donating proceeds from the sale of "Blanca T-Shirts" for X-ray supplies etc.

Groundhog - Thanks for the update - maybe some other Coz pup will be treated and saved with the new equipment.

Back
Top Bottom