Sacramento Lake Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any interest in Thursday 1/22 around noon?

posted by fishdiver "I plan to dive here on Tuesday morning, 1/20. I will be in the parking lot by 9 AM. Contact me if you would like to go at a different time or just show up. "

Sorry, haven't checked my computer all weekend and now sitting at work Tuesday morning wishing I did!

One more local here, up for lake a dive, but only because I've been having trouble getting to Monterey, though I'm getting a dive in there in Feb. But I usually have some flexibility to go midweek, if anyone's up for it. Fishdiver, I just found this thread now, and can't make it tomorrow. Otherwise, I would. I'm in Folsom, btw.

Pete

Sorry, my only mid week day that I can dive is Thursdays.

Hourly/Event Stations: LAKE NATOMA (NIMBUS DAM) (AMERICAN R)

That is the data station for Natomas, this is the flows and elevation page but there is also a page for temperature and other data. Nice to look at when you plan a dive. Currents depend on the inflow and outflow, there is usually a daily pattern I've noticed and you can look at historical data to see what the patterns are.

Sorry, right now I've got a nice cold going. I went from nose dripping into the throat to nose dripping out the front (hopefully that is an improvement).

Did you go out there today? How were the conditions

According to that data page it was ~46 degrees. Which seems about right for this time of year. That's drysuit temperature, and I hate wearing my DS river diving. To many snags, rips, etc.

Sorry, right now I've got a nice cold going. I went from nose dripping into the throat to nose dripping out the front (hopefully that is an improvement).

I went out and examined the route from the parking area and various entry/exit points. I decided I was not comfortable diving there solo until I have gone several times with buddies. Lots of steep moss-covered boulders.

I still plan on diving there as soon as I can schedule a time with other divers.

What routes did you look at? Last time I dove there it was just a dirt trail, nothing hairy at all. I'd still highly recommend against diving solo.

What routes did you look at? Last time I dove there it was just a dirt trail, nothing hairy at all. I'd still highly recommend against diving solo.

There were thick blackberry vines near the water's edge and I couldn't be sure how deep the drop-off was by the rocks. I'll wait to dive with you.

Well I thought I was going to be up for a Thursday noon dive but now work is going to interfere. If anyone goes, please post a report.

AIRBORNE!

Have I said this before?

There were thick blackberry vines near the water's edge and I couldn't be sure how deep the drop-off was by the rocks. I'll wait to dive with you.

You were in the right area I imagine, I wonder if it has grown over during the summer? I'd be happy to dive with you there one of these weekends. I'm hoping to be in Monterey the 24th-25th, and again on the 7th-8th but anytime between or after i'm free.

I need to go there anyway to test our first run of our newly designed canister lights.

Back
Top Bottom