Saba -- great trip !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sail 'n Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My partner (non-diver) and I are just back from a trip to Saba in the Dutch Antilles. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at Juliana's hotel and I did 14 dives with Sea Saba. The island is not commercialized, its a laid back place with friendly locals, beautiful rain forest clinging to the volcanic mountainsides. Sea Saba runs a nice operation. I used nitrox for very few $. The highlights : uncrowded dive sites featuring complete underwater ecosystem from the sharks, huge grouper and tarpons to the tiniest fish and intact coral. The pinnacles were fun, but the reefs closer in were also in great shape. A friendly dive staff and professional but unhurried feel on the boat. My non-diving partner had plenty to do on land, with walks, hikes, a bit of shopping and a few good restaurants. If you need a throbbing nightlife, this island's quiet villages are not going to work for you. And there is only one tiny and rather hard to access beach. But if sand and sin are not on your must-have list, Saba deserves a good look.
happy diving out there ! sail 'n dive

Thanks for the report Sail 'n Dive!

I will be heading to Saba at the end of April this year for a couple of weeks and I am trying to decide where to stay, it's come down to Juliana's or Scout's Place. Did you happen to go to Scout's place while you where there and if so what did you think? How were the restaurants on the island? If you have any other little tidbits of helpful info they would be greatly appreciated.

PM me if you want to.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom