S95 or ZS7 or something else for my first buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darkhound,
do a search about canon housings just to be informed about what troubles you may run in with a Canon housing.
For +/-1000$ you should get a Ikelite housing and a Ikelite DS-51 strobe giiving you TTL.
Chris

I have used canon housings for years with no problems whatever. I did check for the problems known, mold release lines, and found them slight to nonexistent. A couple of swipes with a scraper and they were gone. For compactness, these housings are hard to beat.

Second comment. The S95 has no hot shoe. Therefore TTL is not possible with a
DS51. Ikelite suggests an AF35, underpowered. Consider the inon S2000 or other optically triggered strobe.

I am a total novice. I just got the S95 with Ikelite housing ($389 for the camera $299 for the housing). Very happy with both. I just took it on my first dive today. Here is one of my shots, RAW plus WB editing, no strobe. Good luck with your choice, its a tough call.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SnowFlakeEel.jpg
    SnowFlakeEel.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 52
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom