S80 cylinder identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

I was in a diving store and they had recently brought in some new stock of S80 cylinders. The build quality looked amazing but the only thing is that that the markings are unfamiliar to me. I have not seen tanks like these before, I am normally used to coming across Luxfers or Catalina's.

Can anyone here identify the manufacturer from the markings?

I had not thought to ask while I was there and I will give them a call in a few days but in the mean time was wondering if this looked familiar to any divers here.

454187574_3876426356011942_8300422897613586830_n.jpg

453802676_8607643282598095_1287158924657077730_n.jpg
453842849_866069068186941_7876793960027621023_n.jpg

I'm a tad confused, as CHN is not something I recognize. Usually cylinders made from China are stamped with CN and not CHN. Regardless, I assume this cylinder comes from China.

If you could take a picture with the manufacturer identification clearly visible, identifying this cylinder would be much easier. You can find the manufacturer stamp to the left of the born date and unfortunately none of your pictures has it visible.

I'm a tad confused, as CHN is not something I recognize. Usually cylinders made from China are stamped with CN and not CHN. Regardless, I assume this cylinder comes from China.

If you could take a picture with the manufacturer identification clearly visible, identifying this cylinder would be much easier. You can find the manufacturer stamp to the left of the born date and unfortunately none of your pictures has it visible.
Hi, thank you. I am a bit annoyed with myself, I can see that stamp would have probably been my answer but for some reason I thought CHN had something to do with the manufacturer info so I didn't think to focus on the stamp. I will update this thread when I have a clearer picture

I was in a diving store and they had recently brought in some new stock of S80 cylinders. The build quality looked amazing but the only thing is that that the markings are unfamiliar to me. I have not seen tanks like these before, I am normally used to coming across Luxfers or Catalina's.
I cannot directly answer your question. Please let us know what you learn. That said, looks can be deceiving. If these cylinders are in fact made in China I would not buy them. In general, I do not trust anything made in China.

Metric thread

"PH 310.5 bar" is very odd. That's not a standard service nor test pressure in scuba

"PH 310.5 bar" is very odd. That's not a standard service nor test pressure in scuba
Test pressure? 207 is to the left of that.

207 * 1.5 = 310.5. So the Pressure - Hyrostatic (PH) is 1.5 times the Pressure - Working (PW). 5/3 or 3/2 of the working pressure for the hydrostatic test is common. It just depends on where one is located.

If these are the same, that shop is highly questionable to say the least.

207 * 1.5 = 310.5. So the Pressure - Hyrostatic (PH) is 1.5 times the Pressure - Working (PW). 5/3 or 3/2 of the working pressure for the hydrostatic test is common. It just depends on where one is located.
yeah I am not used to Alis being 3/2

Back
Top Bottom