S80 cylinder identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

207 * 1.5 = 310.5. So the Pressure - Hyrostatic (PH) is 1.5 times the Pressure - Working (PW). 5/3 or 3/2 of the working pressure for the hydrostatic test is common. It just depends on where one is located.

The tank is an ISO spec, not a DOT tank, and the OP is in Southern Africa, so I don't know what actual parameters apply.

PH stands for Pressure Hydrostatic and is the abbreviation used by the European Industrial Gas Association (EIGA) which is the EU equivalent to the CGA.

CHN is chinese made, luxfer has a plant in china, but since they aren't chinese, they don't use the official CN abbreviation

Hi, thank you. I am a bit annoyed with myself, I can see that stamp would have probably been my answer but for some reason I thought CHN had something to do with the manufacturer info so I didn't think to focus on the stamp. I will update this thread when I have a clearer picture
That’s a made-in-China cylinder, but dedicated for export, as it is stamped as EN standard not Chinese GB/T standard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom