s600 first stage differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frackingawesome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hopefully someone on here can help me out with a question.

What is the difference between the 2 first stages pictured below. can are the face plates interchangeable?
New.jpeg Old.jpeg
My wife would REALLY like the purple insert for the new one but she only has the old style(Like the second image).

There are 2 different bodies between the various models of the S600 2nd stage. It will depend upon which of the 2 she has as to whether it will work well. You can order a color kit and see if it is compatible if you do not know which you have. When they changed the rear housing they also slightly changed the front cover too which changed the diaphragm shape slightly. Typical of Johnson Wax (Scubapro) engineering. The color covers WILL work easily with the newer style, SOMETIMES with the old style. They key is to either try or figure out which revision of the S600 you have. There are several.

There are 2 different bodies between the various models of the S600 2nd stage. It will depend upon which of the 2 she has as to whether it will work well. You can order a color kit and see if it is compatible if you do not know which you have. When they changed the rear housing they also slightly changed the front cover too which changed the diaphragm shape slightly. Typical of Johnson Wax (Scubapro) engineering. The color covers WILL work easily with the newer style, SOMETIMES with the old style. They key is to either try or figure out which revision of the S600 you have. There are several.
SCUBAPRO is owned by Johnson Outdoors. The wax company is S.C. Johnson. Not the same company.

johnson outdoors was a spinoff from sc johnson and sons, so you can say they are related. same family started and owns both.

isn't scubapro south african?

started in socal. i don't know where you would get south africa. at least with italy they have a factory there.

Interesting choice.

scuba pro was owned by another co early 80s then the "kids" of sc johnson owners who were divers , liked the idea of having a scuba diving gear co.........so they bought it , i was told that when i was down at the HQ s in the late 80s early 90s

Interesting choice.

Relatively cheap labor and brilliant design engineer-Rhys Couzyn. He re-invented the Nova Seawing Fins and HydrosPro - both of which are manufactured in SA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom