S40 Underwater housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BernieL59

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an older S40 and was thinking about purchasing the underwater housing for it. I am curious if anyone has used this housing WP-DC300 for a S30/40 camera and if so would you recommend it?

Thanks,

I have the A series cameras and housings and love them.

Have seen several S series camers come through in the past year or so and the people who have had them rave, too.

I don't think you can go wrong getting the housing for a camera you already have and probably like. I don't know what functions that model has, but underwater Manual control is pretty important a lot of the time...

BernieL59:
I have an older S40 and was thinking about purchasing the underwater housing for it. I am curious if anyone has used this housing WP-DC300 for a S30/40 camera and if so would you recommend it?

Thanks,
I've been using an s50 in that same housing for going on a year now. I love it! It's never flooded on me, tho I did abort a dive once upon noticing a few drops of water inside the housing. There must've been something on the o-ring, because I rinsed and dried it, then tested it to 100' (sans camera) without a hitch. That was months ago, and it hasn't failed me since (in hundreds of immersions).

I have an S50 and the housing you are asking about. It is only rated to 30m but other than having to watch depth no issues at all (I know it can probably go deeper than 30m but who wants to find out the hard way?). So I entirely agree with Brent above, sound easy to use and effective.
Alison

I have an S30 and I think the Canon WP-DC300 housing is a great value. No problems. I just use it as a snapshot camera with no strobe. It is a little buoyant so consider getting the counterweights.

I also have the same housing, and recently paired it to an Inon strobe and tray. The housing has been very reliable, and has sufficient button ports to allow most camera controls to be accessed. As another consideration, I just upgraded to a longer life battery now available from Canon, and with my 512 MB card, I can get two full dives worth of photos in without having to open the housing between dives, which is a nice feature.

slingshot:
I also have the same housing, and recently paired it to an Inon strobe and tray. The housing has been very reliable, and has sufficient button ports to allow most camera controls to be accessed. As another consideration, I just upgraded to a longer life battery now available from Canon, and with my 512 MB card, I can get two full dives worth of photos in without having to open the housing between dives, which is a nice feature.
Slingshot,

What kind of battery did you upgrade to? My only complaint is that my battery low light starts to flash halfway through my dive--about 30 minutes of continuous use. About halfway through my 2nd dive the battery dies.

Ericson

I've just been looking at the Canon America site where they show the various cases vs. camera compatibility and I don't see the S40 there: S1, S60 and S70, but not the S40. Maybe an older case out of production on ebay?
=Terry

BernieL59:

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom