?'s Regarding Hose Protector and Purge Button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaPolishPete

Registered
Reaction score
I've got a couple questions, and figured I'd post them in one thread to keep things neat.

- I purchased a used MK25/S600 + octo. The S600 and Octo (R295) came with braided LP hoses (both black). I replaced the octo hose today, with a neon yellow Miflex hose. The hose protector at the 1st stage is easy to come by, but the black braided hoses I got both came with hose protectors at the 2nd stage (where the 2nd stage connects to the hose). I've looked online and can't seem to find hose protectors for this connection. Did the hoses that came with my setup come with these protectors standard? I'm trying to find them so I can put on my octo, as well as my wife's. Here's a pic of what I'm looking for:

- Where can I find replacement Scubapro R295 / R395 purge buttons. I've looked online, but these manufacturers don't seem to like having the spare parts for sale. I've got a reg whose purge button is sun faded, and looking to get it replaced. My next option would be to start calling LDS's and see if they can source one, but wanted to try to find one myself.

- Lastly, putting together a pony setup right now. A slung 30cf. What is everyone doing to keep the gauge "tied" to the valve? That is, I'm running a MK11 first stage - DIN, with a 6" rubber hose to a 2" gauge. The hose is bent into a U shape, so and I see many folks with this setup, just not sure what they're using to keep it like that. A zip tie?

Any help is appreciated!!

None of my braided low pressure hoses came with hose protectors, so if you got these used I wonder if someone added these on his own. The XSScuba web site

XS Scuba Miflex Double Braided Hoses

shows the Miflex hoses without hose protectors. If these were added I would take them off as they can interfere with rinsing and can hide corrosion. You could ask the seller if he added them. On the other hand the fitting in your photo does not look like a Miflex connection to a second stage reg.

Agreed. get rid of the hose protectors. Trap dirt, sand, critters, and hide corrosion. At the least pull them back off of the connections every time the regs are not in the water.
As for the guage - cave line. If you don't have any go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy a small spool of braided nylon mason's twine. Make sure it's braided. Less likely to unravel.

Back
Top Bottom