Rx100 and Inons S2000 in S-TTL Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think you never try to do sunburst shots.... when i use my rx100 with two D2000 on wide angle photography i don't have the power i need! if you want a crisp image with the fisheye lens you need to close to F10-F11... otherwise the corner quality is a nightmare... if you have the sun in your image you have the same problem, F11 and fast timing... you need more light for a colorfull reef without a sun like a egg.... and if you pump up the iso you take a sun like a big fried egg.. with crisp corners :) in wide angle i had to use 200iso... :-(
i love my inons D2000... but last year with the dslr and this summer with the rx100 i understand that i need more power... when i have the canon s95 they are ok!!
i agree with interceptor... the rx100 need powerfull strobes...

I read explanation given by Interceptor in another post which correspond to this given by boletus1973, and this sounds reasonable for me. If the lens is not sharp at the edges and we have to close aperture then off course we need more light. I checked that this is "disadvantage" also in mirrorless cameras where the CCD is even bigger and difference in the sharpness is more visible (wide angle lens is very close to the mirror so it is difficult to make lens with low aberrations). Now I have three lamps but I see that I need one more :( Fortunately Christmas is coming soon :)

The rx100 is best suited for wide angle than macro in fact some of the shots you take with a dome are incredible
About which one You are thinking?

I did little bit more test and I am fully agree with opinion that RX100 require stronger lamps

This is one of the shots
1382244_709647849063991_246348062_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom