Running Tank Compressor When Wildfire Smoke In Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks...your filter is no different than my compressor filtration...I thought the particulate was what you were measuring at "2ppm" ...now I see you were referring to CO...makes sense...but particulate is what AirNow is reporting/monitoring...not CO...and yes CO is the LCD of air quality..

What model of CO analyzer do your use and recommend?

Thanks again...

Thanks...your filter is no different than my compressor filtration...I thought the particulate was what you were measuring at "2ppm" ...now I see you were referring to CO...makes sense...but particulate is what AirNow is reporting/monitoring...not CO...and yes CO is the LCD of air quality..

What model of CO analyzer do your use and recommend?

Thanks again...
I have the old analox CO that looked like an o2e2. It is still working and I like it.
I also have this unit that I keep hooked up on the outlet of the compressor. I use a regulator and a divesoft 2lpm orifice in a BC fitting feeding into their calibration kit. It works very well and is relatively inexpensive to set up.

I was incorrect the AirNow index measures more than particulate so the combination listed below is only a starting point for determining if I should run my compressor...I do agree that ambient and as pumped CO is my biggest concern...

"What pollutants it covers: There’s a U.S. AQI for five major pollutants that are regulated by the Clean Air Act: ozone, particle pollution (also called particulate matter), carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide. The AQI for each pollutant is generally based on the health-based national ambient air quality standard for that pollutant and the scientific information that supports that standard."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom