Running 2 grey PPS transmitters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, just picked up a basically new store demo oceanic PPS transmitter. I already have a legacy shearwater transmitter. Was going to use these together, one on a pony, one on main tank, or one for my tank, one for my daughters. It seems from recent research it might be an issue? Could sell and pick up a swift. Just want to get more clarity and your insights are appreciated. Thank you

They work most of the time. There may be some interference sometimes.

If you have both of them on you the signals may bump into each other for a second but even that is rare.
If you have one and your daughter has one, you would need to be diving arm in arm for a signal conflict. The signal range is only about 3'

If you have both of them on you the signals may bump into each other for a second but even that is rare.
If you have one and your daughter has one, you would need to be diving arm in arm for a signal conflict. The signal range is only about 3'
Thanks, I was hoping to monitor her gas. She is young and just getting started so we might be hand in hand.

Thanks, I was hoping to monitor her gas. She is young and just getting started so we might be hand in hand.
You most likely won’t need to directly monitor her gas. I signal for my daughters to tell me their gas level. That at least gets them in the habit of checking their supply.

Plus, unless you are diving a much larger cylinder, you are likely to run out before her. My SAC is decent, but still way more than my daughter’s.

I've used a Shearwater and an Oceanic - both gray.
One on my main back tank and the other on my redundant cf 30 attached to the back tank.

Maybe 1 out of 50 times I'll notice a no-signal message for a brief second

Approximately 100 dives.

Maybe 1 out of 50 times I'll notice a no-signal message for a brief second

I have 2 Oceanic grays on my JJ that I have been using for years with a Perdix only minor comms issues that @hedonist222 mentioned which is no big deal. Also have a couple friends that run the same setup on there rebreathers mix of Oceanic, Aqualung, old shearwater grays, all of them have had not issues either.

IMO not really worth spending the extra money for the SWIFT's

I am running two Oceanic on SM, no issues. Sometimes transmitter opposite side of the arm where Perdix located goes no comms, then i bring it closer and that's it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom