Rum Cay Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is some good diving there but I don't think there are any dive operators there.

I don't believe there have been any dive ops there in years. There was one way back in the late 70s and early 80s. The diving should be great. As I recall it should be similar to diving San Salvador Bahamas. I asked someone at one of the Bahamas booths at a DEMA if anyone dove there and he said there were mainly fishermen and an occasional liveaboard dive boat.
It seems one of the Nekton trips include a dive stop at Rum Cay and San Sal. You might check their sight.

Stella Maris Resort goes there. From Long Island: http://www.stellamarisresort.com/diving.htm

Nekton used to go there on their Southern Bahamas trip, but since they now move the Rorqual over to Cayman for the summer, I don't think they're doing it any time soon. It's still listed on their website, but there's no departures through 2007.

Thanks for the info, sjspeck!

Back
Top Bottom