Rules about pulling crawdads while diving in Tahoe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tuk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is it legal to grab crawdads while diving in Tahoe? The rules I found don't require a license for personal use and no limits unless using hook and line. If I'm grabbing them by hand, while breathing from a tank, do the same rules apply? There are so many down there and they're classified as invasive... I just wanna do my part and get some dinner. :wink:

I don't know about the not needing a license part, I thought you needed a license period if you are over 16 for anything unless it's off a pier. As far as tank diving and grabbing there are no rules against it. It is 100% legal and encouraged. Your CA fishing license also works on the Nevada side as long as you're in lake Tahoe.
There is no limit.

It's legal from California but you need a license. Not sure how the jurisdiction works if you're a Cali resident going in from a Nevada shore.

How big are they? I've had smallish ones from a fairly clean alpine lake - 6500ft - but they tasted like mud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom