Rule #1 (Listen to The Voice)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiswango:
This dive was just a reminder about why you signed up for tech 1 in the first place.[/URL]
That it was - which is why I posted it.
Why did I get a bad feeling - I'm not really sure, but it started before we were even gearing up and attempting to plan it. "The Voice" does not speak to me every time something not so good happens, but when it does speak, something always happens.

Snowbear:
"The Voice" does not speak to me every time something not so good happens, but when it does speak, something always happens.

I have a hypothesis that is was the VOICE that drove previous DIR divers crazy and developed the poor reputation that's out there. The last time I got on a charter boat with just my wife for a fun dive the voice ruined my fun as I saw all the problems all the other divers were having before, during, and after the dive.

Next time there's a wreck you just "have to do" find more DIR buddies and book a whole boat. When you control the boat, you can control the dive. By control I mean plan you dive and make sure the plan is in agreement with the captian and crew's plan for the dive.

That last part is important, here's a dive report where our team booked the boat, had a plan, but it didn't agree with the captian and DM (owner of the charter ops) plan. I've also been told its the funniest report I've ever writter :)

Thuderbolt Dive Report -- Marathon Key, FL

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom